Sunday, May 5, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 19 (YUM!)

Due to time constraints, this week's new thing needed to be something quick!
I have wanted to try a flourless chocolate cake recipe for ages. I don't have a gluten allergy (thank goodness), but I've been intrigued for quite some time with the idea of a cake made without flour.  A quick Google search revealed tons of recipes - some simple and some more complicated, but I decided on this one.
Let me just say, this is the.most.delicious.thing I have ever made.  I'm kind of embarrassed to show you a picture - I should have taken it before I cut into it because once I started eating it I couldn't stop...
 
 
Looking at this photo, I think I went overboard with the powdered sugar!
Anyhow, this cake came together so quickly - probably about ten minutes.  While the chocolate and butter were melting I put together the other ingredients and assembled the batter, dumped it into the pan and 30 minutes later voila! It baked up perfectly and popped right out of the pan with no sticking!This would be the perfect thing to make as a last-minute dessert.  Except for the chocolate, all the ingredients are items normally kept on hand - just the kind of recipe I like!  The consistency is definitely different from a regular chocolate cake, but I loved the texture and the chocolate flavour was fabulous!  This will definitely be one of my go-to recipes and I urge you to give it a try - even if you're not a chocolate-lover like me!
 

2 comments: